The Power of Facebook
As of the end of June, Facebook had an average of 1.13 billion daily active users (DAUs) and an average of 1.03 billion mobile DAUs. With such an increase in daily usage, it would be impossible for one to view ALL of the posts that someone Liked or their friends Liked. Therefore, in April 2014, Facebook started to change how posts were seen allowing only 2% of all posts to be viewed. It was based on how often you engaged with that person’s or company’s page. Then in January 2015, a new rule was implemented…if you posted something that was promotional, you would have even less reach, 1.6%. Now in June 2016, Facebook has reduced it even more; it is less than 1%. So is Facebook still a viable option for brands and retailers? In a nutshell, yes. Brands and companies need to harness the power of Facebook.
Facebook is Still a Viable Marketing Solution
- The average Facebook user checks their newsfeed 11–15x a day…the most for any social media channel.
- 60% of consumers visit Facebook before buying in-store.
- 80% of consumers are more inclined to purchase from a company if you have a credible and authentic Facebook Page associated with the business.
- 62% of consumers say Facebook is the most important and useful social media channel to research companies.
- 33% of millennials identify social media as one of their preferred channels for communicating with businesses.
Therefore, how do you utilize Facebook? You implement a Facebook advertising strategy. Targeting is the #1 reason to use Facebook ads; you can choose when, where and whom you engage with. Key strategies include identifying your target audience, grabbing their attention, building a relationship, and delivering on your engagement. Just to clarify…placing an ad is better than boosting a post. Boosting a post is viewed as a promotional post.
Posts are considered overly promotional in nature if…
- Posts are created for the sole purpose of pushing people to buy a product.
- Posts push people to enter promotions, giveaways, or contests.
- Posts re-use the same content from ads.
Benefits of Using the Power of Facebook
- Return on investment
- Accelerate growth
- New customer acquisition
Just to recap, due to Facebook changing their algorithm, brands and companies should consider using Facebook ads to reach their target audience. To find out more about how BARD can help you harness the power of Facebook, please contact us.
Sources: Zephora.com, Screenwerk.com, Facebook.com, Journalism.org, RetailMarketingAcademy.com, and Business2Community.com.